Engine Oils, Lubricants & Additives
If you’re looking for a fully synthetic oil for your car then look no further. Midrand Midas stocks only the best additives and lubricants ranging from fully synthetic to mineral. If you’re unsure what oil is needed for your car, our friendly and knowledgeable staff have been trained to give you the best advice.
At Midrand Midas we buy directly from world renowned brands to ensure you get the best products at affordable prices
- Liqui Moly
We also supply hydraulic oil, compressor oil and 15W40 diesel oil to the Industrial and Construction sectors. The above lubricants and oils are available in 210L drums and 20L containers.
How to check your engine oil
It’s important to regularly check your engine oil. It only takes a minute to do, once a week, and could save your engine from serious problems.
Follow the steps below to check your engine oil level
- Park your car on level ground and then wait 10 minutes to let the oil drain out for the engine and back into the sump.
- Raise and secure the hood, locate the dipstick and then pull it out.
- Use a rag or paper towel to wipe the end clean.
- Replace the dipstick, making sure it goes all the way in.
- Lift the dipstick out again and holding it horizontally view the level of the oil. Near the end of the dipstick there should be two lines, sometimes with a cross-hatched area in between. Ideally, the oil level should be at or near the highest line, though anywhere above the lower line is still ok.
- If the oil level is close to or below the minimum mark, then you need to top up your oil. If the level is midway, then topping up the oil is optional.
- It’s important to note that even if you only need to add a little oil, make sure you add the correct type and grade of oil.
Not sure what oil to buy, here’s why you should choose full synthetic engine oil
If you want to offer your engine the best possible protection, then it’s worth going for a full synthetic engine oil. Synthetic motor oil is the most highly refined engine oil you can buy, delivering optimum protection from the moment you start the key, and working hard in all scenarios that put stress on an engine, such as driving in extreme temperatures, towing heavy loads and sitting in stop-go traffic. Depending on the viscosity your manual recommends, synthetic oil can also improve the performance and fuel economy of your vehicle, and will stay stronger for longer between drain intervals than traditional mineral or part synthetic oils.
Midrand Midas provides oils, fluids and lubricants for every driver, every rider and every industry.